Measures taken to reopen at Hillsborough Dental Care
As of June 1, the updated guidance for Dentists states that Dentists in Ontario are currently permitted to provide in-person care for all deferred, non-essential, and elective services, in addition to emergency and urgent care.
In our office we have met all the RCDSO recommendations and additional protocol to ensure a safe environment for our patients and staff.
- Our reception area has been changed to allow for minimal contact space
- Following social distancing protocol, we are limiting the number of people in the waiting room
- Non-essential items have been removed from the office, reception area and operatories
- Plexiglass sneeze guard shields have been installed at key contact points to act as physical barriers in the reception area
- Signage of hand hygiene, respiratory hygiene, physical distancing and symptoms of COVID-19 have been posted in common and reception area
- We are running 3-stage Hyper HEPA filter air purifier (IQ Air) to clean the air in the office
- We will pre-screen patients over the phone for COVID-19
- We are requesting patients to wear a mask when entering the office
- We are requesting anybody accompanying the patient to wait outside the office unless they need to assist the patient
- We are performing temperature check on patients and asking screening questions upon their arrival
- We are providing hand sanitization for patients upon their entering and leaving the office
- We are providing 1% hydrogen peroxide or 1% providone-iodine, anti-viral mouth rinse to patients before their appointment
- We are providing appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE) to staff by setting and procedure
- We have sealed our operatories to reduce aerosol transmission
- We are equipped with chairside 5 stage DuraMax extraoral suction system to evacuate aerosol
- We are sterilizing our office every 2 hours and operatories after completing each procedure
We are looking forward to seeing you again in the office.